Graduate Admission Requirements
Master degree: Provide evidence of a Bachelor degree from an accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status. Doctoral degree: Provide evidence of a Master’s degree from an accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application to the graduate program at Deep University.
2. Complete and submit application (including $250 fee) to Graduate Studies Admissions online at: http://www.deep.university/apply
3. Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from any post-secondary institutions be sent directly to the Graduate Studies Admissions.
4. Provide three letters of recommendation. One of the letters must attest to the applicant’s ability to be successful as a doctoral student. The second letter should give evidence of the applicant’s ability to collaborate with colleagues and demonstrate philosophical and education depth. Letters should be uploaded on the Deep University server on the admissions webpage, or mailed to Graduate Studies Admissions, 10657 Mayflower Road, Blue Mounds, WI 53517 USA.
5. Submit a letter of intent including a brief statement of the reasons for pursuing the doctoral degree, and a brief discussion of how the program can help the applicant reach personal and professional goals.
6. Provide a resume or curriculum vitae that includes but is not limited to the areas listed below:
• Education: Major(s), schools attended, degrees obtained and dates of attendance
• Professional positions held
• Presentations made to organizations, groups and professional associations
• Honors/awards received
• Memberships in professional and other organizations
• Community Service: Name(s) of organizations, description of activities and positions held
7. Applicants who are not native speakers of English must send their English proficiency scores and participate in an oral admissions interview, including a writing activity conducted at the time of the interview.
Applicants are advised of the interview schedule after application for admission to the Doctor of Education program.Application Deadlines - May 8: Summer; August 8: Fall; Dec. 8: Spring.
Ph.D. Program – Entry requirements
Applicants must have one of the following:
Applicants from an international institution must demonstrate strong academic achievement comparable to a 2.80 for an undergraduate or master’s degree. All GPAs are based on a 4.00 scale. International applicants must have a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
Normally all students will be enrolled as provisional candidates, with their status being reviewed by the Academic Council within 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time enrollment.
No residence will be required, but the candidates need to engage for one month per year in the doctoral intensive program provided annually at their nearest campus. We may organize activities in various locations, depending on the number of applicants, and we may accept Master students as well.
Budget wise, we will try to keep our initial figure of US$500 tuition per one credit module, to which you need to add travel and lodging, as well as health insurance.
- Only professors who have already had experience in supervising Ph.D. students in their university are entitled to supervise Ph.D. students at Deep University.